Have you ever wondered how people make money online? Well, one of the ways to make money on the internet is through affiliate marketing. In a nutshell, affiliate marketing means searching for products online, agree with the vendor to pay you a commission for every sale that you drive to their websites. It seems very simple, right? Well, most beginners often find it hard to make even a dollar from affiliate marketing. How do I get started? Where do I find such products? Is affiliate marketing even worth the praise? If you ever found yourself in such circumstances or just enthusiastic to make money online, this ClickBank Review : How to Make Money with ClickBank in 2019 is meant for you.
Before we get into the drill, what exactly is ClickBank?
What Is ClickBank?
ClickBank is an affiliate program that focusses on digital products such as e-books, videos, and software. The interesting catch with ClickBank is that it provides a marketplace for both product vendors and affiliates to allow them to generate income with no complex paperwork.
Just like Amazon, ClickBank let you sell products on behalf of the vendors and earn a commission from the sales.
When you register as a vendor with ClickBank, they let you add products for sale using their system. ClickBank then lists your products in the marketplace where they will be available for affiliates.
To get started with the ClickBank Affiliate program, navigate to their site and sign up for a ClickBank affiliate account. Browse the marketplace for products and select a good product to promote. ClickBank will generate a unique affiliate link that points to the vendor’s sales page. Your goal will be to promote and share the link to make people purchase the product using your affiliate link. With this, you earn commissions from each sale made through your link.
Related articles: Maxbounty review – Can you really make money with Maxbounty
There are different affiliate programs on the internet, but why choose to work with ClickBank?
ClickBank provides unrivaled advantages and benefits to its affiliates. With the nature of the products sold, it’s very easy to earn high commissions if you have a strong and effective affiliate network. While the amount earned depends on your affiliate strategy, the best affiliates earn more than 3 figure commissions within a few months.
Here’s a breakdown of the reasons that makes the ClickBank affiliate program worthy of your time:
- High commissions: ClickBank pays up to 75% commissions from the sales you make using your affiliate link. That means if you manage to sell a $100-dollar product, you are in the running of getting up to $75 in commission. Too good to be true? Well, it’s not. Most of the products at ClickBank are digital products which mean that there are no extra costs in terms of production and shipping, thus the higher commissions.
- Faster payouts:You get weekly or bi-weekly payments which contrast with the other affiliate programs that pay after 30 days. When using the other affiliate programs, you have to wait for the next 30 days to withdraw your money. This can be challenging to some especially when running paid traffic.
- Global presence: ClickBank supports operations to almost every country in the world. Thanks to its global payment gateways like Payoneer, you are sure of getting paid from whichever country you are from.
- Huge selection of products: ClickBank boasts of over 200 million customers with 276 categories and 21562 product listings. That’s a lot of products if you ask me, providing lots of opportunities.
Now that you have an idea what ClickBank is and how it works, let’s get to how we can make money with ClickBank.
Step-By-Step: How To Make Money With ClickBank
This is the ultimate guide to help you land your first sale on ClickBank. It’s possible to make over $500 per day on ClickBank if you follow these proven best practices to create an effective and high converting affiliate marketing strategy.
Step 1: Select Your Product
Select the product to promote in order to generate sales. When you get it wrong in this step, you are more likely to hit a dead-end even after making subsequent optimization. Sign up with a ClickBank account to get started.
Within your ClickBank account, navigate to the marketplace to select products to promote. You can use advanced features, such as filters and sorting, to find the right product for your affiliate marketing strategy.
In my opinion, I suggest you use advanced filters, such as popularity and gravity, to find the best-selling products. Here are the features that make up a good product:
- Social Proof: Analyze the testimonials and reviews from people who have used the product. Here you get quick insights on the benefits and drawbacks of the product.
- Video Sales Pages:Most product vendors will include videos explaining more about the product. Preview the product videos to have a detailed understanding of the uses and features of the product.
- Robust Affiliate Tools: Majority of the vendors in ClickBank include ready-made affiliate tools, such as templates and ads, to help you get started promoting their products.
Choosing a Product
Now that you have narrowed down the best products using advanced search features and other considerations, it’s time to choose the product to promote. It’s your role as an affiliate to determine which niches and categories you are willing to venture into.
Here’s an outline to help you get started:
- Interest in the niche: It’s important to have passion in the niche and prior experience because you will be working with this product for months, and even years. It will be easier for you to create compelling and selling propositions to your prospects if you understand the niche of the selected product.
- Gravity: Gravity is a double-sided sword. While most people will advise you to go for products with high gravity, I would recommend you make substantial product research before going that route. High gravity means many affiliates are earning money with that product which translates to high competition.
- Value: Is the product delivering value to your intended customers? If the product is meant to solve a problem, it should pique the prospect’s interest to use the product to solve his/her problems.
- Sales page: The sales page of the vendor should be compelling and easy to complete the checkout process. With this, you are sure of not losing prospective buyers during the last step.
Step 2: Build A Sales Funnel
After selecting the product to promote, its time to think of the appropriate approach to present the product to your visitors and nurture them until they become buyers. There are different methods you can use to accomplish this. I have compiled three popular approaches that most people use to generate sales:
- Direct linking: Most popular and basic approach you can take. Direct linking simply means directing people to the vendor’s sales page using your unique affiliate link. Most people rely on this approach to generate sales; however, it is not that effective in today’s era. With direct linking, you cannot introduce your visitors to the product, instead, the visitors have total control on whether to buy the product or not.
- Landing page > Product: Successfully used by Warren Wheeler from Affiliate Marketing Ninjas, this approach directs the visitor to a landing page with useful information about the product, and then present a link to the vendor’s sales page. This is important than direct linking because it introduces the visitor to the product with relevant information, such as benefits and pros, before presenting the product offer to the visitor.
- Landing page > Opt-in > Product: The final approach uses a three-step process to direct the visitor to a landing page, present a free giveaway in exchange for an email address, and then use the email address to send the product you are promoting.
While all the above approaches have proven to work, I highly recommend the third approach; landing page>opt-in>product. The reason why I am recommending the third option is that it gives you the opportunity to build an email list. With this, you can send subsequent marketing emails to promote your offers.
You need a sales funnel to accomplish the “landing page>opt-in>product” approach. If you need a detailed guide on how to create a sales funnel, check out our post on sales funnel.
Here’s how to implement the “landing page>opt-in>product” approach:
- Step 1: Create a landing page: This is the page your visitors will land to interact with your affiliate marketing strategy. Create a rich and informational article related to the product on the landing page. Design the landing page by following the best practices such as headline, visual content, and call-to-action.
- Step 2: Create Opt-in forms. Create a simple and easy-to-use form to collect email addresses from your visitors.
- Step 3. Integrate email autoresponders. Select an email marketing platform to manage your email lists and sending automated emails. This is an important step as you will use this to send sequences of welcome and informational emails to pre-frame the visitor before finally sending the offer/product.
- Step 4. Leverage lead magnets. Use lead magnets to encourage users to leave their email addresses through the opt-in form. Lead magnets include free eBooks, newsletters, and videos.
Let’s look at an example to see how the funnel works in practice.
A visitor lands to your landing page. He/she reads the article about the product and gets fascinated. The visitor subscribes to your email list by filling the opt-in form. Use your email autoresponder to add the email address to your email list.
After sending several welcome emails, you pitch the affiliate product to the visitor.
Step 3: Drive Traffic To Your Funnel
After successfully creating your sales funnel, you need to drive traffic to your funnel in order to collect more email addresses. Are you wondering how to drive traffic to your landing page? The answer is right here.
There are different traffic sources (paid and unpaid) that you can leverage to drive more visitors to your funnel. The following are the most common traffic sources:
SEO refers to actions done to make your website rank high in the search engine results page. SEO is a long-term strategy and when done right it brings traffic to your funnel for years. However, it will take some time to eventually start reaping off from SEO.
Check out our article on what is SEO and how it works to learn more about search engine optimization.
This is a paid advertising campaign that let you drive a lot of traffic to your funnel. If you have the budget to run PPC ads, you can get started with Facebook Ads and Google AdWords. The beauty of PPC is that you get instant traffic when done well and pay only when a visitor clicks the link to your funnel.
Organic Social Media
Leverage social media to promote your page to a wider audience with a primary goal to drive traffic to your funnel. Share the links of your funnel with people through different social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
ClickBank is one of the best platforms where you can make good money as an affiliate marketer. With the best commission rates and a huge selection of products, ClickBank is driving a lot of revenue to online entrepreneurs. While most aspiring affiliates find it difficult to get started with affiliate marketing, this ClickBank review: how to make money with ClickBank in 2019provide you with a detailed step by step guide on how to make money with ClickBank through affiliate marketing.
While this detailed guide is not as straight forward as the other reviews you’ll find on the internet, the results of this strategy are long-term and you will likely enjoy the benefits of affiliate marking for years. Use this article to learn how to select the right product to promote, create a sales funnel to increase conversion rates, and drive traffic to your funnel to make more sales, consequently, more revenue.