Starting your own business has the potential of making you a boss; not just for yourself but for others as well. You will recruit other people and automatically become their boss. There are a lot of ways that you could use to become a boss. One of those ways is to start an online store. And that is what I am focusing on today.
- How do you start an online store?
- What steps will you follow?
- How do you market your products and services on Amazon?
How do you start an online store?
I have been asked this question so many times and today I finally answer it. To start an online store, you will need an ecommerce platform such as Amazon. There are plenty of such platforms today but I will focus on Amazon.
Now, Amazon is arguably the world’s largest online retailer. It also provides other services such as cloud computing and payment solutions among others. If you need to set up an online store, Amazon will provide you an excellent platform to get your products (and services) to customers all over the world. But first, there are steps that you will follow to successfully set up your online store on the Amazon platform.
What steps will you follow?
Only a handful of people know how to make money on amazon. If you’re among these people, that’s okay. And if you’re not, that’s also okay, and I am going to show you how to make money as an Amazon online store owner. Read on till the end!
Basically, you will follow the steps below for you to set up that store you’ve always wanted on the Amazon ecommerce website:
1. Register as an online retailer on Amazon
I find it quite normal that you will have to register with any online service before using it. And Amazon is no different! To kick-start the registration process, simply click here and you will be directed to a web page exactly the same as the one on the screenshot below.
You will then click on the blue “Register Now” button to start the registration process. you will see a “sign up” button which you will click on. And then a webpage similar to the one on the screenshot below will come up. You will supply the details they ask for a successful sign-up.
2. Log into your registered account
At this point, you have successfully registered for a seller account on the Amazon platform. The next step is to log into your registered account to proceed with setting up the Amazon store that you’re in need of. You can click here to sign in to your seller account. You will be directed to a webpage that is similar to the one I have shown you on the screenshot below.
3. Fill your business information as required
Once you have signed in, you will see an Amazon seller webpage with 5 steps. See the screenshot I have provided below.
You will need to fill in the spaces on each step for a successful online store setup. The process of filling in the business details takes a short time and you will complete it in no minute!
Once you have completed verifying your seller account (when you reach step 6), you will be ready to start selling products and services online on Amazon. But that’s just the beginning of making money online with Amazon. Continue reading on for more information.
How do you market your products and services on Amazon?
Your profit largely depends on the customer influx you have. This means you will make more profit if more customers buy products from your Amazon online store. To garner more customers, you will need to have some Amazon marketing strategies.
In this section, I am going to share with you a few amazon marketing tips to help you garner more customers. So, there are a few things you will have to do. And they include the following:
1. Use keywords when listing products for sale
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the best ways of marketing your products on Amazon. You can as well use SEO for other ecommerce platforms. When potential customers make a product search, they get search results based on the keywords they used.
Use frequently-used keywords in your product description text and product name so that your products can rank higher in search results. Customers are likely to buy the first products they come across after a search.
2. Take advantage of Amazon advertising
There are Amazon marketing services to help you advertise your products to customers online. With Amazon marketing services (AMS), your products will be on ads that are displayed on the Amazon website (On-Amazon marketing) and other external websites.
When visitors click on these ads, they will be directed to your Amazon product page. And they can buy your product from there! AMS is a great Amazon marketing strategy since it precisely targets potential customers. You should utilize this marketing channel fully. Under AMS, you can choose to opt for:
1. Sponsored products – This is an Amazon marketing strategy that’s comparable to Google Adwords. Under this marketing channel, you will buy an Ads space within the Amazon product page. You can choose to have the Ads at the beginning, middle, or at the end of the product page. Also, you can set the ads to target some keywords that visitors use when searching for products online.
2. Sponsored brands – These are banners that can be located at different places on the Amazon search result page. You can customize these banners to show your preferred products or the products you intend to market. You can set the banners to show the products when visitors use certain keywords (keyword targeting).
There are other marketing strategies that you can deploy. And they include the following:
3. Discounted prices – Giving discounts on products is another effective Amazon marketing strategy. A percentage-off on the price of a product will attract customers to buy your product while the stock lasts. You can choose to give a discount on a single product, a given number of products, or a combination of products. You can give a discount in terms of the percentage of your choice!
4. Buy one, get one free – In this Amazon marketing tactic, buyers will receive an additional item if they buy a product. For example, you can give two bodysuits if a customer buys one in this marketing strategy.
5. Free shipping – I normally find that the total product cost factors in the shipping fee. Amazon customers will always be happy to pay less but get high-quality products. One way of getting them to spend an affordable amount of money is by reducing the shipping fee. And if you promise to ship their products free of charge, you will see increased sales. As such, free shipping is another effective marketing strategy.
If you want to make money on Amazon, setting up an online store on the Amazon website becomes very essential. We have gone through how to make money on Amazon by showing you how to open a seller account.
Also, we have shown you a few amazon marketing skills to help you get more customers to buy your products. Making money with Amazon as a seller is now a breeze. Be sure to use our suggested marketing strategies.
You can as well use other strategies. Getting more customers depends on the marketing strategy that you have chosen. Therefore, arm yourself with killer Amazon marketing strategies if you want to register more sales!